Monday 14 November 2016

Presentation stand idea

For some reason [despite the challenge of producing 5 gallery plan models] I have my brain fixated on the design and production of a display table/plinth. This could be because I feel I don't want my models to loose something by being situated or plonked onto any table and also because I have seen examples of previous student work that has had significant effort and detail placed into its display [that adds something to the work]. Ken also highlighted in last weeks lecture when looking at Pichlers models that the display cases and plinth/tables become an extension of the work . . . . 

I feel [not only to extend my skill set further] that the most appropriate material for my plinth is metal [steel], some form of table top with legs that creates an extension of the building construction below, the buildings foundations so to speak. I have also considered that not only does the scale need to respond and relate to the work but as the work very much encompasses myself as a tool to measure against that the display plinth should be the size of me or at the very least have details that are in relation to my own bodily measurements. This is for January [this will take some further time planning].


No comments:

Post a Comment