Thursday 10 November 2016

Group Tutorial 01:

The first tutorial allowed me the opportunity to showcase my card model, collection of drawings [Maps, isometric drawings etc] and ultimately explain this conceptual process that started from recording my step count around the gallery space. Feedback from the group was positive and they discussed the idea of further expand on the documentation. The work was flagged as a good example of active research and to "keep pushing it in this direction". 

For me I now want to revisit my intital research and theory collected [over the summer period] as a majority of this very much relates to a more architectural focused project "future museum" as a building [although there is still an importance in this] The other part of my research discusses Museology and again I see this as being something that needs to be discussed, I feel the nature of the current direction has pushed the research into other unexplored avenues. 

References and feedback list:

Richard Wentworth - Video of city scapes [sensing spaces at the RA] 
Mapping spaces
Ceal Foyer

I now have to consider how this line now a wall becomes a purposeful proposal - some of the feedback questioned and challenged me to consider eye line and activity, hand movement, time spent in particular areas of space and to almost open up and make more publicly aware the architectural infrastructure and details within the space. Irrelevant of what exhibitions come and go [Temporality] these parts will always remain.

2 weeks till the first crit

No comments:

Post a Comment