Tuesday 8 November 2016

Gallery Monographs / Booklets

Considering the presentation of my work in relation to the context "Gallery/museums" I came across some of my old Tate Modern retrospective booklets that provides you/the auduence with a dialogue and information about the exhibition you are visiting. These are however written in a very mundane informal way and don't in any instances use the language of the artist or in some cases where possible have the content written by the artist themselves [This would involve more work and we all know some artists don't event produced their own work].

I think given the nature of the work I have produced so far, I have certainly questioned the idea and production of a series of monographs, perhaps each one focusing on a topic or an individual gallery space. This would not only factor in the connection between presentation and practice but would support the generation of portfolio work.





Points to consider:
Colour, paper stock, size, typography, layout, content, language, function

No comments:

Post a Comment