Thursday 2 March 2017

CRP - update

This week in replace of our studio practice tutorials, we had the chance to meet with a tutor and review our CRP progress. We were asked to increase our CRP [critical research paper] to 1000 words, however I just didn't have the time nor did I want to put anything down that hadn't had the appropriate time given to it. That said, and ti avoid the tutorial becoming useless [partially by my own fault] I arrived with a set of questions relating to the structure of my witting. I have been recently reading two essential books, one that focuses on past critiques of architecture and analyzes articles and their structure, shape and content. the other is a student guide to research methodologies in architecture and there was a dedicated chapter that outlined the writing, in particular at postgraduate level. For me I need an aim and POA of what I see the final submission containing. The CRP needs to provide a balance of practice and theory intertwined with reinfection, arguments, debates and precedents being used to shape the opinion and influence the practice.  I now want to set myself a target on writing a vast amount of the CRP over the Easter break whilst I am away from the studio. the expected submission for unit 02: is 2000 words but it would be great to push that further.



The writing style must be academic and must construct an argument and opinion. Because my project consists of several elements, I am going to structure my CRP in a way that addresses each body of work individually, with their own precedent that is in constant dialogue with the context surrounding the museum/gallery. The following is the proposed plan of structure:

01. Introduction: address aims, address sections [do not call them chapters] discuss in light the gallery and surrounding issues

02. Context: A critique of the gallery/museum with reference to theory and text. move into the discussion of the main key text [walking in cities] and link in with narratives, trajectories.

03. body of work 1: Include precedents and the relationship between them, you and the gallery

04. body of work 2: Include precedents and the relationship between them, you and the gallery

05. body of work 3: Include precedents and the relationship between them, you and the gallery

06. Conclusion: Argument and impact of studio work

07. Summary: Each chapter ? I have seen this within academic texts before but do not want to find myself repeating section 06
 

No comments:

Post a Comment