Monday 6 February 2017

Unit 02: Launch

This afternoons MA ISD team meeting was about the introduction of unit 02: The focus would be on contextualization and would also introduce additional projects that would help, support and relate to wider issues surrounding the project context.

By the next tutorial - there should be an amount of work to show and a general increase in the level of practical exploration and making. The emphasis lies on making and exposing the context of the project.

Contextualize and expand of research
The unit ends with a interim show? what do I want to show? what do I want to test?
How do I test my outcomes?

The theory starts to move into a 2000 words draft. I need to re-read my CRP and start to expand on the sections. what content and theory do I want/need within the CRP? chapter, precedents etc.

The CRP needs to reflect on my practice but not describe it. It should convey the project in both image and text and include reference to own ideas and outcomes. 

The correlation between your theoretical research and practice - not a diary of events

The work should surround current debates - Wider issues connecting my project are the future museum and perhaps the influence on digital but my work doesn't situate itself within this at this moment in time.

Live project: I have decided to only take on one additional project as I am conscious of how much time is available within a week to include lectures, my own developmental practice and the continuation of my lecturing role. I have signed up for the Mobile Archive project headed up by Sue Ridge and Ken. The project will involve the design and construction of a prototype structure that will host and exhibit some of the selected items taken form each of the universities special collections, of which Sue will be X-raying. It will hopefully also include the portable X-ray machine itself. I see this unit as some form of mobile dwelling that can potentially open up and offer a range of different spaces to display and exhibit.



No comments:

Post a Comment