Thursday 16 February 2017

Tutorial

The work shown on the recent spatial stories work was really well received. I was surprised that both my peers and tutor really saw the connection and understood everything I was discussing. Pete felt that I had moved forward quickly and that I wasn't attempting to restrict myself within the category of conceptual art. He felt the ambiguity of scale was a more interesting aspect and to remove the figures meaning all sense of scale and orientation was lost. He wants to now see more tests in various scales alongside drawings that support the communication of these.


I have booked another lazer cutting appointment and will construct a piece using the trajectory method out of acrylic that will hopefully move onto a full size piece of furniture. I just need to analyze the trajectory lines and study how they situate themselves standing up-right. I also want to produce another book that shows the process I have gone through with extracting the text from "the practice of the everyday" and how I have reached my final piece of text which I am classing as my manifesto.

No comments:

Post a Comment