Tuesday 14 February 2017

Spatial Stories model development

With all the segments and pieces now cut and with a little bit [an entire day] of TLC I have started to construct these extracted pages into more spatial based forms. Taking inspiration from Eisenman and using my book pages almost as floor plans, I have considered voids and beams as a way of translating and communicating this new spatial language.



The structures start to give a sense of scale once figures are inserted between the layers. These are very speculative pieces of work with no determination for them to be transcribed as realistic architecture. yet the connection between extracted pages and the construction of a space that allows one to walk around starts to question the relationship of mapping our routes.  



Once all words were highlighted, I connected them via a single line. This was fed back to me in my feedback that I had subconsciously started to create new routes in regards to how the text was being read. These lines become my trajectory lines that could then be over layed onto the text to signify the key content. Although there is no physical evidence of text or words that can be read, you start to question what the content is and make that common connection between the syntax of language and my practice of moving.


As further development was questioned, I decided to lazer cut one selected trajectory line with two copies that would allow me to create a framework. The file was slightly reduced in size upon lazer cutting and therefore my pre-drawn holes that would feed the originally planned acrylic rod was too small. The insertion of wire was not as stable but it allowed me to get some quick results before my tutorial and to study how these forms sit. I must admit that it does look like a washing frame [non-intentional] but I am starting to consider these forms as potential architectonic furniture that perhaps relate to the gallery such as bookshelves, display frames, tables etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment