Friday 2 December 2016

The book of "Gallery Conduct"

Since reading about Ashers work and considering the phrase "Museum conduct" I have started to plan out one of my many monographs/books that I intend on producing and presenting as part of of unit 01 submission. The idea behind this book "Gallery conduct" is to simple identify some of the characteristics and practical elements through my own observations and actions of how I have encountered a gallery space and to design a series guidelines "up for consideration" for when next visiting an art gallery. It starts to fuse together my reading of Grayson Perry and my own thoughts and actions. I want each book to only focus on one area/topic. I am considering learning how to build and bind my own books [little bit of practice perhaps for unit 01, but it would certainly give my work an additional characteristic.]


Using Indesign for printing books: Bleed/ Edge/ Margin/ Crop Marks. Bleed normally ranges between 3-5mm. Remember to export file as "Adobe PDF print". Use crop marks and bleed settings. Need to decide of binding method and paper stock.



No comments:

Post a Comment